Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I am praying and hoping that the rain will not come to our town until AFTER 7pm tonight. Connor is supposed to have t-ball practice--what should be his THIRD practice will actually be his FIRST--a rain out and a cold/snow out prevented our previous practices. He is so excited to finally go...he's been out hitting balls almost every night! If I do say so myself, I think he's pretty good!
He was so disappointed last week when it was cancelled--we didn't have the heart to tell him that he was supposed to have practice on Saturday, too, but it was snowing, so no go.

Now, here's the dilemma. Little Bean thinks that he is a baseball player (A "Wildcat!" no less). He has been carrying "Conquer's (Connor's) baseballs around the house (at least 2 of them, but usually 3 at a time) and last night tried to sleep with them in his bed. I am afraid is going to be devastated when he is not allowed to go out and play with brother tonight. At home the boys take turns hitting. It is still difficult, as Grant wants to use "Conquer's" aluminum bat and he can't even lift it off of the ground. We've even had a couple of near-misses with Grant almost getting knocked in the head with the bat or one of Connor's super-hits!
Of course, I could just skip taking Grant to practice and have Jeff and Connor go on their own, but I don't want to miss this.
My guess is, Grant and I will need to drive separately so that he can be brought home in the event of a meltdown--his, not mine.
I will bring the camera and hopefully have some good (non-crying) pictures tomorrow!

No comments: