Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chicago Marathon...done!

Jeff had his biggest race ever this past weekend--the Chicago Marathon. He left on Saturday and returned yesterday to many hugs and squeals (and barks from Trumie!)
He brought all sorts of great loot from his goodie bag for the kids--they loved it!

He had gone with the original intent of qualifying for Boston. He needed a 3:15 to do that. Unfortunately, he realized about halfway in that he wasn't going to be able to make that. And he did something I'm proud of him for. He slowed down and enjoyed the race.
He ran through Chinatown, through the Mexican part of town (I don't know the name!) and gave high-fives to all of the kids he passed that wanted one.
He still landed with a 3:30. Not too bad for someone that decided to slow down and "enjoy" the race, huh?

I wish I could have been there. I wanted to go, but days off of work are precious and few around here and we didn't think I could spare any. Fortunately, his big brother Steve went along for company...and they had a great time from what I understand.

We're glad to have you home, Jeff. We're proud of all you've accomplished, with or without Boston!

No comments: